...politics, pop culture, and self-deprecation...

3.08.2004

Curse this cursed place. Yesterday, I sat out on the porch in bare legs, basking in the sun, sure that an early spring was ours. Today: snow. SNOW!!! Everyone warned me that it would happen again, but I refused to completely believe them. I was a fool!

Last night we had a fantastic DJ down at the MW, and I danced until 1 in the morning. It was exactly what I needed after what might have been the most stressful and confusing week of my life, and I woke up this morning feeling like a new person. Or mostly like a new person. Feeling better, at least. The DJ rocked the 80s hits in the best way, and when he wasn't behind the turntables, he was on the dance floor, impressing everyone mightily with his hot moves and his hot, hot pants. Or something. We wanted him.

now reading: A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr. Very fascinating, with lots of interesting lawyer stuff, and I love all the references to Boston.

(A note about linking to Amazon.com: yes, Amazon is a big corporate monster, endangering the little independent bookstores we all know and love. But look! You can buy books from independent booksellers through Amazon, and usually much cheaper! Wow!)

No comments: