...politics, pop culture, and self-deprecation...

8.30.2005

I watched Bush's Brain last night--another one of those documentaries that I assume won't teach me anything I don't already know, but it turns out I'm not as smart as I think.

Anyway, it's highly worth watching, although probably more chilling than it really needs to be. They definitely play up the "evil mastermind" aspect of Rove...but hey, maybe that's not that far off. He does creep me out.

And causes huge internal debates in my brain: Would I rather he were on our side, or are his nefarious ways so despicable that it's better to walk the moral high road, or something? Hmmm. I really can't decide on that one.

The most frustrating part: the movie concludes on a kind of "karma will get him" note. Which just underscores the way a lot of liberals seem to be thinking in these dark, dark times: they'll get theirs, this can't go on forever, people will come around eventually, yadda blah stuff.

Tonight, I'm watching a much more innocuous movie.

No comments: