...politics, pop culture, and self-deprecation...

3.19.2003

So it's completely pathetic that I haven't written anything new in over a month. I keep telling myself that I'm still adjusting to the move, and that once I'm settled I'll get back to writing, but that's really just a half-arsed excuse because I'm lazy. And I've been spending too much time watching the first season of Six Feet Under on DVD. My housemates and are obsessed. I mean, I've been obsessed for a year now, but I made sure they became obsessed, too. I'm serious. Once you start watching it, it's like a drug. And having the season on DVD means you can just keep watching. I'm glad we didn't rent every episode at once, or I probably wouldn't have had any sleep in the past week. I am usually much too attention deprived to watch tv for more than an hour. That's how good this show is. But I digress.

I really want to write something. There are crazy things going on in the world, and I feel like I should have something to say about them. I just moved across country, to a strange and foreign land (if you're from California, everywhere else is a strange and foreign land), and I feel like I should have something to say about that, too. I've been reading a lot of excellent books, and seeing a lot of great movies, so I should probably have something to say about those. My brain just doesn't want to function in any way that would allow me to write a cohesive, polished narrative about anything at all. The most I can manage to pull out of my arse are brief sentences, maybe even a whole paragraph. Anything more just feels repetitive and pointless.

Hm.

I'll have updates by Monday. Real ones. I promise.

No comments: