...politics, pop culture, and self-deprecation...

2.22.2006

The more of these kinds of articles I read, the more I feel like I'm sinking into some nightmare.

It occurs to me that I want to see a study showing how many women died from illegal abortions before 1973, combined with child abuse records, child abandonment records, and cases of child poverty, and compare them to comparable post-1973 information. Any takers? Any one already done this? Perhaps I'll have to do a little sleuthing.

Oh, and thanks mom and dad, for getting me out of that state when I was young.

Vote Due on South Dakota Bill Banning Nearly All Abortions - New York Times

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Laura, I got on your webb site and was disappointed in your comment of "getting out of So. Dak in your young age. I thought you liked coming to visit... We do miss your visits but I know you are a busy gal and we love you dearly. Hope to see you, maybe this summer.