...politics, pop culture, and self-deprecation...

7.01.2005

And only because I haven't done this in awhile, and summer and long weekends need some unadulterated optimism:

Things I love right now

CJR Daily, barbecue and jello salad, red sandals, Davis Square, old dresses from the 1950s, red ales, the Washington Post, Robert Penn Warren, the West Wing, floating holidays, Newbury Comics, Shatner-style karaoke, getting my driver's license soon so I can take weekend trips out of Boston, re-watching old movies (it's like comfort food, only on film), hamburgers on the broiler, creamsicles, really hot days when you can't do anything but lay on the couch in a slip with your eyes closed, kisses, walking down the street in the sunshine listening to Badly Drawn Boy for the first time in years, summer thunderstorms, being lazy, the knowledge that I don't have to come to work for five whole days.

Happy summer.

No comments: